– There is hot and then there is the scorching pace that the four-letter word line is on right now…the combination of Brad Ross-Ryan Johansen-Nino Niederreiter has combined for 20-18-38 in the last six games for Portland. Ross has 6-5-11, Nino has 10-3-13 and Johan has 4-10-14.
– Nino is on a career best six game goal streak while Johansen is on a career best six game assist streak.
– Speaking of six…last night was the first time in 82 career games against the Everett Silvertips that the Hawks had scored more than five goals. The six last night broke the string of being held to five goals or less against Everett.
– And one more six stat…last night was the 19th time this year that Portland has scored six or more goals…11 of those have come since January 23rd. Portland is 19-0-0-0 when scoring six or more and is now 40-0-0-0 when scoring four or more goals this season.
– Sven Bartschi is closing in on Marian Hossa for most points by a rookie import player in Portland history as Bartschi is at 83 points. Hossa finished with 85 points in 1997-98. Richard Zednik had 86 points in 1994-95 and Jiri Beranek had the most points as an import rookie with 94 in 1991-92.
– A nice return for both Ty Rattie and Riley Boychuk after missing four and six games respectively. Rattie had a three point night while Boychuk played his normal power forward role and created some great chances offensively.
– The assist for Niederreiter last night was the 50th of his WHL career.
– One more stat for you…the Hawks are 35-1-0-1 when a player (any player) on the roster has a multiple goal game. The only losses came when Craig Cunningham scored all three goals in a 4-3 loss to Seattle and when Brendan Leipsic scored both goals in a 3-2 shootout loss in Tri-City.
We will have the pre-game show tonight at 6:35 on Freedom 970 and the puck drop about 7:05…